Risk Management Offers These Benefits and More…
Quick Facts About Working in Insurance and Risk Management
- There are close to 600,000 workers in the P&C Industry nationwide.
- The average wage is between $45,400 and $75,430 – nearly 58% above the Georgia wage average.
- Incomes in the six figures are common – depending on training, job classification, and location
This industry has positions such as:
- arson investigators
- IT and applications engineers
- social media pros
- customer service representatives
- civil engineers
- and many, many more
Virtually any major can work in insurance:
- IT and more!
One of the best parts is that you help people when they need it most.
- When disaster strikes, you’re there.
- You help restore lives by caring and making things right.
- You give back to your community.
- You can provide for your family, have a nice home
Scholarships Are Available
The Professional Insurance Agents Southern Alliance, an association that represents more than 25,000 independent insurance agents and industry groups, will offer scholarships to high school and college students pursuing degrees related to insurance.
Stability and Growth
Best of all, the insurance industry offers job stability because people always need insurance. In states like Georgia, you must have insurance to drive a vehicle or purchase a house. Insurance policies are one of the last things people cut during hard times, guaranteeing business.