Pre-Licensing Course Requirements
- Everyone interested in obtaining a license in the lines of Life, Accident & Sickness or Life or Accident & Sickness must complete the 40 hours of study prior to taking the examination.
- Everyone interested in obtaining a license in the lines of Property or Casualty or Property & Casualty must complete the 40 hours of study prior to taking the examination.
- Everyone interested in obtaining a sub-agent license must complete the 1st 20 hours of the Property & Casualty course. There is no exam to obtain the sub-agent license.
Exemptions of Pre-licensing Requirement
- Applicants who held an active license a minimum of 12 months for the same line(s), within the last 12 months in former resident state
- Applicants who completed the prelicense education requirement for the same lines of insurance in Georgia within the preceding year
- Applicants who hold a CPCU, CLU or FLMI designation
- Applicants who have completed at least 10 quarter hours (or equivalent) of insurance-related courses at an accredited college or university
- Applicants holding a PhD in insurance
- No exemptions from the variable life requirement
PIA of GA proudly recommends R.S. Thomas Training Associates, Inc. to fulfill your licensing needs in a classroom setting. With two Metro Atlanta locations, you will easily be able to find the location close to you. PIA Members receive a 10% discount on their registration fee.
- R.S. Thomas Training Associates 1000 Circle 75 Pkwy N.W., Suite 005 Atlanta, Georgia 30339 P: 770-933-4199 F: 770-933-4195 www.rsthomas.com
PIA of GA has partnered with Exam FX to offer the latest method in Pre-licensing education. Access Exam FX and all that they have to offer here.
Pre-Licensing Exam Provider
- Pearson VUE 800-274-0488 www.pearsonvue.com